The Event information page is where you define the event name, date, venue, the time when the registration opens, the event organiser, among other things. This information is automatically shown on the registration page and in e-mails and confirmation messages, regardless of modifications to the settings. When you create a new event you need to enter at least the name, date, time and venue to be able to save a draft and/or proceed to the next step.
Give a clear name to the event so the participant understands, which event this is. Therefore, use "Lyyti seminar" instead of "Invitation to Lyyti seminar".
Edit the event's information by clicking Event information in the left menu. When editing the event, you can also go directly to the phase 1. Event information.
About event information:
- Time of the event: Enter the actual date of the event, both beginning and end dates and times. The event's calendar note is created based on this information.
Events are moved into an archive seven days after the end date, after which the event itself and its participant information cannot be modified (but you can ask a member of our support team to reactivate the event, if need be).
- Registration starts: Registration opens automatically directly after the event is created. However, since Lyyti doesn't publish the event nor can it be found by any search engines, it is safe to let registration start right away (please consider your organisation's settings, for example automatic calendars that may show the event on a website if linked with Lyyti).
If the registration is not scheduled to start at a certain time, it is open immediately after the event has been created. However, participants cannot register unless you invite them or publish the open link to the registration somewhere.
- Registration closes: Determines the closing date and time of the registration. All registrations, modifications and cancellations must be done before this. After that the organiser is the only one who can register new participants or modify participant information.
- Editing and cancelling registration: By default, participants can edit or cancel their participation until the last registration date. However, you can define separate deadlines for editing and cancelling by clicking Define separate deadlines. Typically, registration closes about a week before the actual event, but cancellations are allowed until a day before the event, depending on the event.
- Event owner: The event owner is indicated by their name and e-mail address. This name and e-mail address will be visible to registrants who receive confirmation messages, where they will be shown both as sender and as event organiser.
If you change the event organiser, change both the name and e-mail. If one of the fields is empty, Lyyti will use the account owner's information. Please note that you can only use such addresses that have had their domains verified into Lyyti (click to read more about domain verification).
See a video of the event information page: