Please be aware that Lyyti is developed constantly and your view might not match 100% with the view described in this article.
Instead of creating a new event from scratch, you can make a copy of an existing event to use as a base or template. This is especially useful when you have events that are similar or reoccurring. This way you only need to modify bits of the event instead of having to start over every time.
You can choose whether you want to copy just basic details and the registration page, or if you want the thank you-page and confirmation message as well. In a best case scenario you only need to change the date and time and make sure the thank you-page and confirmation message are suitable.
You can copy the event in three different ways:
- On the Events page, click on the cog icon Actions > Copy, OR
- Open the event you wish to copy > at the top right corner click Copy, OR
- Open the event you wish to copy > in the left menu select Actions > Copy event
Lyyti will now create a copy of the event and you'll see the new event's Event information page.
- Select which parts of the old event you wish to copy. If the original event was chargeable, you can also choose to copy payment methods and product prices.
- Name the new event and edit the date, time, venue and other details.
- Click Save and continue to continue editing the new event.
N.B. If you create a copy of a chargeable event and do not wish your copied version to have payments, you need to unable payments from the copied event. Untick the selection for payments.
This is done in Event Information page, under Additional Information BEFORE you save the copied event for the first time:
Please sign in to leave a comment.