There are 5 main steps to creating a chargeable event:
- Mark the event as chargeable in Event information > Are you selling tickets for the event or products via Lyyti? > Yes.
- Create a chargeable product: On the registration page, create a multiple choice question or a Quantity/product/ticket question and check the answer options as chargeable. You can also mark participant types as chargeable on the Settings page.
- Select payment methods on the Payment methods page.
- If you want or need to use campaign codes, create a campaign code on the Campaign codes page.
- Add prices for your product(s) on the Products page.
When you check the chargeable-box on answers to multiple choice questions (or Quantity/product/ticket questions) they will represent products that you are selling to your participant. They will show on the receipt and/or invoice, so it is important to word these questions and answers correctly. You don't want your participant to buy a "Yes" (as in "Will you participate?: - Yes/No"). A more appropriate example would be "Please select: - I will stay for dinner / I will not attend the dinner" or "Please select your need for transportation: - Transportation Turku-Helsinki/Transportation Helsinki-Turku/No thank you".
For the participant, the easiest way to register for a chargeable event is to make use of chargeable participant types, so participants only have to select a participant type (if it is not assigned to them when registering via their personal registration link). See instructions here.
1.Mark the event as chargeable
1) Mark the event as chargeable in Event information > Are you selling tickets for the event or products via Lyyti? > Yes.
2.Create a chargeable product
Chargeable products can be either participant types (set from the Settings page), or question types (multiple choice or quantity/product/ticket).
A) Chargeable participant type
Open the Settings page, select that the event has different types of participants. Give name to the participant types, save them and then check the box for Chargeable.
B) Chargeable question
Go to the Registration page. To create a chargeable product, always select the question type multiple choice (choose one / choose many) or quantity/product/ticket. Create a new question or edit an existing one and mark one or several of the answer choices as chargeable. If the product is a participation fee, remember to mark the question as mandatory, so that everyone has to select it and pay.
3. Payment methods
Select Payment methods for the event. You can find more information on payment methods here.
4. Campaign codes
If you need campaign codes, define them on the page Campaign codes or if not, move on to Products. More information on campaign codes can be found here.
5. Product prices
In the price column, click on 0.00 €. Enter the price for your product in the correct VAT field (A) and click Save and continue. You can also divide the price into several VAT percentages, if necessary. In this case you can specify the contents in the Description field (B).