If you use Lyyti's invoicing in the event, invoices can be sent either automatically upon registration or created separately after registration has closed / after the event. Invoicing in arrears is an excellent option when the registrant's order and their payments can change after registration. This may be the case of preorders or group registrations where the group size can vary all the way until the event.
This article contains the following sections:
- How invoicing in arrears works for the registrant
- How to enable invoicing in arrears
- How to send invoices in arrears
How invoicing in arrears works for the registrant
- Participant registers and selects chargeable products, but on confirmation they are informed that the payment will be billed afterwards (see below).
- Participant confirms their information and receives a notice that the registration is complete. They will also be able to print the order summary.
How to enable invoicing in arrears
- Create an event and its chargeable products as normal (how to create a chargeable event)
- In Payments: Payment methods, select Invoices are generated and sent: Manually by the organiser after registration
- In the confirmation message, add a short info message for the participant to let them know when the invoices will be sent.
How to send invoices in arrears
To send invoices, go to Payments > Invoices. Select which invoices you'd like to create and send and click Proceed.
You can now see the number of participants to be invoiced and the total sum. If you are sending PDF invoices, remember to select "Send by e-mail", so the invoice is sent to the participant. Otherwise the invoice will be created but not sent to the participant.
Select an Invoice date (shown in Accounts receivable and helps with accounting) and also a due date for the invoices. Finally, click Create invoices.
Invoices are now sent via the invoicing channel you selected, and participants are moved from unbilled to invoiced.
Please sign in to leave a comment.