You can send respondents an open or a personal link to the questionnaire.
This article contains the following sections:
Open link to the questionnaire
Through an open link to a questionnaire, anyone with the link can answer it.
When there's no linkage of a questionnaire and an event, you can only send out an open link to the questionnaire. You can find the link under My questionnaires -> Open link to the questionnaire
When you use an open link, you need to allow anonymous answers.
You can change the settings for an anonymous questionnaire with the following steps:
- Open My questionnaires, and edit the questionnaire from the pencil icon
- Click on Save
- On the Save the questionnaire-page, tick the box Can be answered anonymously
- Click on Save
If you publish an open link to the questionnaire, the answers will always be anonymous, as the respondents are not linked to anyone/any event in Lyyti. Anyone with access to the link can answer the questionnaire. However, you can create questions in which you ask for personal information of the respondent. Making a questionnaire anonymous does not affect these questions.
Personal link to the questionnaire
You can send a personal link to the questionnaire through the communications tool in a Lyyti event to the participants of your choosing. This could be e.g. the attendees of an event, everyone who had the fish dish at your party, or everyone who you've added to an event used for sending out emails.
- On the page My events, open your preferred event, that you've linked your questionnaire to. If you haven't linked these two yet, please do so now. Instructions can be found here.
- In the left hand column click Communication -> and on the new page up in the right corner click Create email.
- Select your email recipients, write your topic, and select the layout.
- Write your email
- In the text editor, click on Questionnaires, then click on preferred questionnaire to link it to the email. The link will be added to where your cursor is at the time of selecting the questionnaire link.
- You can delete the event information and the personal registration link to the event from your message, and replace it with the questionnaire link instead.
You can now send the message to yourself as a test, time it to be sent, or send it straight away.
Did you create a questionnaire that is not connected to a specific event? You can send the open link to the questionnaire from outside of Lyyti, but if you wish to send the link from Lyyti, you can create a new messaging event.
Create an event: at this point you only need to give the event a name and to make sure it is open for a longer period of time so it's not archived, then save and close. If you wish to send personal links to the questionnaire, name the event so that it makes sense on the questionnaire page when you link the questionnaire and the event (you'll need to do this if you want to send out personal links to the questionnaire). If you're sending an open link, you don't need to think about the event name as it's not shown anywhere.
Bring the respondents into the event from Excel and create a new message, you can send the questionnaire link through email or SMS. If you want to send the personal link, you can find it in the email tool-section under Questionnaires, and if you want to send the open link you can paste it into the message or set it as a hyperlink added to a word.