You can send respondents an open or a personal link to the survey.
This article contains the following sections:
Open link to the survey
By using the survey's open answer link, anyone can answer to the survey.
When you haven't connected the survey with any events, you can only send out the survey's open answer link, which can be found on the page Surveys > Open answer link. Your survey needs to be published and you need to allow anonymous answering (see instructions below).
When using the open link, allow anonyous answers in Settings > Settings > Can be answered anonymously
If you publish an open answer link to a survey, answers will always be anonymous, as the respondents are not connected with any event/participant in Lyyti. If you have created separate questions for contact details, Lyyti's anonymity setting does not affect the mandatory setting of self-created questions.
Personal link to survey
You can send out a personal link to the survey through the Messaging tool in a Lyyti event. Select desired participants: e.g. the attendees of an event, everyone who had the fish dish at your party, or everyone who you've added to an event used for sending out emails.
- On the page Events, open your preferred event that you've connected your survey with. If you haven't linked these two yet, please do so now. Instructions can be found here.
- In the left hand menu click Messaging > Create email. You can choose to use the old editor (a) or the new messaging editor (b)
A) Old messaging editor
- Select recipients, write your topic and select a layout.
- Write your email
- In the text editor, click on Surveys, then click on preferred survey to link it to the email. The link will be added to where your cursor is at the time of selecting the survey link.
Note! Delete the personal registration link that is automatically added to a new e-mail, replace it with the survey link instead.
You can now send the message to yourself as a test, schedule sending, or send the message straight away.
B) New messaging editor
- Create a message. You can either use a ready made template or start from scratch. Instructions on how to create a message with the new editor are here
- You can add the survey link as a button or as a hypertext. Click button and add survey link from personalisation links.
If you're adding survey link as a hyperlink, paint the word and from the text editor add survey link from More > Personalisation links > Surveys
Did you create a survey that is not connected with a specific event? You can send the open link to the survey from outside of Lyyti or publish it anywhere.
If you wish to send the link from Lyyti, you can create a new messaging event.
Create an event: at this point you only need to give the event a name and to make sure it is open for a longer period of time so it's not archived, then save and close. If you wish to send personal links to the survey, name the event so that it makes sense on the survey page when you connect the survey with the event (you'll need to do this if you want to send out personal links to the survey). If you're sending an open link, you don't need to think about the event name as it's not shown anywhere.
Upload the respondents/participants to the event from Excel and create a new message. You can send the survey's link by email or SMS. If you want to send the personal link, you can find it in the e-mails text editor under Surveys (old messaging tool) or under More > Personalisation links (new messaging tool) - or you can add it as a button (new messaging tool). For sending the survey, see the Personal link to survey part of this article. If you want to send the open link you can paste it into the message or set it as a hyperlink.