This feature can be used with the following license packs: Basic, Professional, Enterprise
If you have open, ie. unpaid invoices, you can create a credit note if the participant needs a new invoice and the original invoice is not to be paid. Credit notes are not linked to refunding, but are simply as a way to indicate that an invoice is not meant to be paid, so that it won't show up in open and overdue invoices.
Please note that a credit note cost the same as a regular invoice.
Refunding: In case of having to refund money to the customer, please arrange for a method suitable for both parties. Invoices are generated in the events, and Lyyti Oy is not in charge of refunding.
This article contains the following sections:
Create a credit note
Credit notes are created in the Finance section, found at the top navigation bar in Lyyti.
To create a credit note:
- You can search for the invoice by the payer's name, company, invoice number etc.
- Open the invoice by clicking on the document.
- At the bottom of the page, click Create credit note.
- You can send the credit not to the participant, if necessary.
- Finally, click Create Credit Note.
Create a partial credit note
When the participant has paid part of the invoice
- Open the original invoice A (e.g. 100 €) in Finance and open it by clicking "Show" icon.
- Click Create a copy of invoice and select products for the new invoice (=matching the sum the participant has already paid, e.g. 75 €). Copy the new invoice's (B) reference number.
(If you don't have the necessary product, first create a hidden product, mark it as chargeable and give a price on the Products page.)
- Open the original invoice A again in Finance and open it by clicking the "Show" icon. Edit the transaction (75 €) by clicking the pen icon, paste the earlier copied reference number (of new invoice B) and save. Now the transaction of 75 € is moved to the new invoice.
- Create a credit note to the original invoice A (100 €) by clicking Create credit note (see instructions above).
The result is that the original invoice A is completely refunded (100 €) and the new invoice U consists of the 75 € that the customer paid.
When the participant hasn't paid anything yet
If the participant hasn't paid anything yet regarding their 100 € invoice, but you need a new invoice with a different sum:
- Open the invoice A (100 €) in Finance and open it by clicking "Show" icon.
- Click Create a copy of invoice and select products for the new invoice, e.g. 75 €. (If you don't have the necessary product, first create a hidden product, mark it as chargeable and give a price on the Products page.)
- Open the original invoice A (100 €) again in Finance and open it by clicking "Show".
- Create a credit note to the original invoice A by clicking Create credit note (see instructions above).
Lyyti is not responsible for refunding or editing invoices, so if you want to refund your participant(s), please contact them and agree how you can refund them.
After refunding an invoice, mark this in Finance so your reports stay up-to-date.
- Open the invoice A (100 €) in Finance and open it by clicking "Show".
- Click Add transaction.
- Add a negative sum which is the amount you refunded to the customer, e.g. -25 €. Mark also when and which account the money was paid from.
Target transaction to another invoice
You may need this for example when:
- a participant cancels their registration, you have created a credit note, but then the participant changes their mind and decides to participate after all and pays the already credited invoice
- the invoice has been credited multiple times by accident.
To correct the situation, go to Finance > Invoices:
- Create a copy of the original invoice.
- Open the new invoice and copy its reference number
- Open the old invoice (that has both the transaction and credit note)
- Open the transaction the participant has paid
- Replace the reference number with the new invoice's reference number (see image below)