Please be aware that Lyyti is developed constantly and your view might not match 100% with the view described in this article.
Lyyti has different types of phone number questions:
- Mobile phone number (standard question): This is the only question that can be used for sending SMS messages to participants in Lyyti (click here for more information).
- Other phone number questions (standard questions Landline number and Fax, as well as self-made questions): These cannot be used for messaging purposes, only to collect phone numbers.
Default country code
Every event in Lyyti has a default country code in all phone number questions, which is defined at a company level. However, you can change the default country code for each event separately.
On the Registration page, create new / edit an existing phone number question.
- Default country code: Country code that is shown on the phone number question by default to participants on the registration page.
- The default country code is set at a company level, but you can change it for specific questions.
- Different phone number questions can have different country codes.
Please note that only mobile phone number question (standard) can be used for sending SMS messages in Lyyti. Other phone number questions are used for collecting phone numbers and cannot be used for messaging.
- Set as default for the whole event: Sets the above selected country code as the event's default country code.
- Affects new questions
- Affects previously created questions that are using the default code.
- Does not affect previously created questions that are not using the default code.
Import phone numbers from Excel
When importing phone numbers from Excel:
- If phone numbers contain a country code, eg. +44991234567 or +358401234567, the phone number and country code will be imported as they were given, regardless of the question's/event's default country code.
- If phone numbers do not contain country codes, eg. 991234567, Lyyti will try to add it with the event's default country code, but if the combination (country code + phone number) doesn't match any phone number formats, Lyyti informs the user of a faulty number and the number will not be imported.