Lyyti has different types of phone number questions:
- Mobile phone number (standard question): This is the only question that can be used for sending SMS messages to participants in Lyyti (click here for more information).
- Other phone number questions (standard questions Landline number and Fax, as well as self-made questions): These cannot be used for messaging purposes, only to collect phone numbers.
Default country code
Every event in Lyyti has a default country code in all phone number questions, which is defined at a company level. However, you can change the default country code for each event separately.
On the Registration page, create new / edit an existing phone number question.
- Default country code: Country code that is shown on the phone number question by default to participants on the registration page.
- The default country code is set at a company level, but you can change it for specific questions.
- Different phone number questions can have different country codes.
- Set as default for the whole event: Sets the above selected country code as the event's default country code.
- Affects new questions
- Affects previously created questions that are using the default code.
- Does not affect previously created questions that are not using the default code.
Import phone numbers from Excel
When importing phone numbers from Excel:
- If phone numbers contain a country code, eg. +44991234567 or +358401234567, the phone number and country code will be imported as they were given, regardless of the question's/event's default country code.
- If phone numbers do not contain country codes, eg. 991234567, Lyyti will try to add it with the event's default country code, but if the combination (country code + phone number) doesn't match any phone number formats, Lyyti informs the user of a faulty number and the number will not be imported.