In the text editor, you can find the most common text editing functions, and we will take a closer look at some of them in this article.
Adding a picture
When you want to add a picture to the registration page, these are the steps you need to take:
- Edit the picture to the wanted size and file format
- Save the file in the file bank (Materials > File bank > Add file, see instructions here)
- In Lyyti, open the registration page of the event you wish to edit.
- In the top right corner of the page, select Open material bank, and copy the picture file's link from the link icon.
- In the text editor, click on the Image-icon.
- In the Image info-tab, paste the url from the file bank into the URL-field.
- Select alignment if you want to align the image to the left or to the right
- Press OK.
There is a separate, more detailed instruction on adding pictures here.
Note: It is not possible to add pictures to messages (email, text message, confirmation message).
Adding a table
Add a table on the registration page or to an email with the text editor's Table-icon.
You will see the Table's properties, where you can select the following
- Number of Rows
- Number of Columns
- Border size. If you don't want borders, select 0. This is a convenient way of adding e.g. multiple signatures next to each other.
- Width&height of the table
For normal screens, these are the only settings you need to change. Click OK to save. The text editor will have added a table, where you can write the text you wish to add, e.g. signatures
In the registration page:
You can edit the table by right-clicking it:
Settings you might need:
1) Cell. When editing the cell, you can
- Merge, delete, share or add cells
- Edit the cell properties:
- Width & height of the cell
- Word wrap: You can select whether the text in the cell will be on one row or will it be line wrapped if the cell isn't wide enough for the text.
- Horizontal Alignment: Aligning the text horizontally to one side/the middle
- Vertical Alignment: Aligning the text vertically to the upper or lower part of the cell or the middle of the cell.
2) Row / Column. You can add or delete rows or columns.
3) Table properties. You will see the table properties (see picture above), where you can edit the common settings of the table (width, border size etc.)
A hyperlink is a piece of text which works as a link: by clicking it the reader will be redirected to another page. Examples: Read more about Lyyti here or Click here to read our blog! Hyperlinks can open files from your file bank, or lead to any webpage or document that has a url.
To add a hyperlink, you need the address of the page you would like the link to lead to. If it is a web page, copy the address first. If it's a file in Lyyti's file bank, click on the file bank button on your registration page, in the upper right corner. Copy the link of the file you wish to use.
- Write the text you want to turn into a hyperlink and highlight the text.
- Click the link icon in the text editor.
- Write / paste the address you copied into the URL field.
- On the Target tab, select how the link will open. For webpages, we recommend "New window".
- Click OK.
There is a more detailed article on hyperlinks here.
If you want to remove all formatting from your text and revert all text to it's orginal format, press Remove format in the text editor.
Formatting the text
When you want to edit text you've written, you can choose to format the text:
- Bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, subscript & superscript
- Format (paragraph format), lettering (font), size (font size) text color & text background color.