Do you have or would like to create a nice message with fonts, colours, images etc. in a way that you can use it as a base structure also In the future, as a basis for future messages, you can save the message as a template.
Email templates can be regarded as an email base structure that can be used to create emails. Templates are never sent to email recipients, but emails created based on them are. This is why you can edit existing templates without having to worry about it affecting any created/sent/scheduled emails.
This article contains the following sections:
- Who can create and edit templates
- Manage templates
- Create template
- Create copy of template
- Save email as template
Who can create and edit templates
All license users in your company can create and save email templates. Published templates are always visible to and can be used by all users in your company, drafts are visible only to the creator of the template.
Regular license user
Regular license users can create and save templates. They can edit templates created by themselves, whether they are published or draft. As long as a template is a draft, it can only be seen and edited by the creator. Published templates are always visible to and can be used by all the company's users.
Company's admin users have access to all published templates in the company. In addition to the templates they themselves have created, they can edit and delete published templates created by all users in the company.
Beholders of the desginer license have access to all published templates in the company. In addition to the templates they themselves have created, they can edit and delete published templates created by all users in the company.
If your Lyyti organisation has been divided into a group structure (top-level and lower-level companies), group admin users can share rights to published templates created in the top-level company to lower-level companies.
Templates created in lower-level companies cannot be shared to other companies in the group.
On the Email templates page you can find the following:
- Click Create template to start working on a new email template from scratch.
- Browse through templates under different tabs
- Favourites: Templates that you have marked favourites. Use it to find most loved or necessary templates more easily!
- All: Gathers all available templates under one tab
- Premade: Templates that Lyyti has premade for you to use and/or copy.
- Company's templates: All templates within your company that you have access to. It contains
- Draft/published templates created by you
- Published templates created by your colleague, admin user or designer
- Published templates shared to your company from a top-level company (if your Lyyti organisation is divided into different levels).
- Search templates by name.
- Select view:
- Cards view
- Add as favourite
- Copy template
- Delete template
- Template information
- List view
- Template status (draft/published) & thumbnail
- Add as favourite & template name
- Template information
- Template status (draft / publish)
- Cards view
New templates can be created in different ways:
- In Materials > Create template (see above)
- In Materials > Create a copy of an existing template
- In an event's Messaging section > Open an existing or create a new message and click Save as template.
When creating a new or editing an existing template, you have the same editing options under Materials and in event messaging (see instructions here). Drag & drop different blocks to the template, edit texts, images and colours.
For instructions on how to use the new email editor, click here.
Create copy of template
If you have a nice template that you wish to duplicate:
- Go to Materials > Select template
- Card view: Click the Copy icon at the top
- List view: click on the Functions cogwheel > Copy
- In event messaging, open/create a message and click Save as template. This creates a new template.
Save email as template
Once you have created an email with the new email editor, in the event's Messaging, click Save as template at the top right.
- Save as template.
- Give a name to the template.
- Published: The template must be published for anyone, including you as the creator, can use it as a base for new emails. Published templates are automatically visible and can be used by all users in your company.
- Create template: This always creates a new template. If you wish to edit the template further and update it without creating new templates, please go to Materials > Email templates section in Lyyti, which offers you more options to manage templates.