Lyyti helps you work together with your colleagues. By sharing rights to an event you can manage the event in co-operation with another Lyyti user, without having to call or email back and forth. You can share rights to individual events or enable automatic sharing of events.
Viewing rights can always be shared for free for Lyyti users and also non-license users. Viewing rights are especially useful to keep track of the event's settings and participant situation by signing into their own Lyyti account. To share information about registered participants, we recommend using online reports.
Editing rights gives your colleagues the right to manage and edit the event using their own Lyyti username. Sharing editing rights is free of charge to other license users, and subject to a small fee when you share editing rights to non-license users. Lyyti will ask you to confirm the fee (80 € + VAT) before sharing rights.
It is useful to share editing rights especially before the holiday season, so that events can be accessed from different user accounts.
With editing rights users can:
- Edit event
- Add & edit participants
- Send messages
- Edit payments
Share rights to individual events
First, select the event you wish to share, click on the name of the event and select Share rights for the event > Share rights for the event with another organiser.
- Enter the e-mail address / Lyyti username of the person you wish to share rights with. If the user is not a license user, sharing editing rights cost 80 € + VAT 24 %. Viewing rights are always free of charge.
- Choose the preferred language for the user you are sharing rights for. If they already have a Lyyti username, the language is already selected.
- Select rights to be shared.
- All editing rights: The user has comprehensive rights, i.e. they can edit the event, participant information, send messages, create reports etc.
- Viewing rights and participant check-in: The user can only view event & participant information, but cannot make changes. They can oly change participant statuses with Lyyti's mobile application.
- Select rights to be shared: Select which sections the user can view/edit. Please note that you can add separate rights to copy the event without having to give rights to edit the event.
Finally, save. Lyyti will automatically send a message to inform the person of the rights they have been given. If they are not a license user, they will also receive a password and instructions on how to log in.
Share events automatically
The automatic sharing feature is activated in My account. Please note that this will only share new events, rights to previoiusly created events should still be shared one by one (see instructions above).
Click Edit in Events will be shared automatically to the following users.
You will see a list of all your organisation's Lyyti license users. Select viewing/editing rights to the desired users and Save.
How and when do our customers use event sharing?
- A subsidiary in Finland organises a meeting in co-operation with the German mother company. The Finnish assistant creates an event in Lyyti and shares all modifying rights to the German assistant, selecting German as user language. This way both of them can add participants, send them messages and change participant information instantly. Sharing modifying rights costs 80 €, but it is a small price to pay for the saved working hours.
- The registrations are taken by phone. The company has purchased usernames for the people who receive the phone registrations. When a new event is created, they are shared the modifying rights so that they can manually add participants one by one. However, they cannot change the event information, not even by accident.
- Two colleagues organise all events together. It is a good idea to get usernames for both colleagues and share each event between them with full modifying rights. This way they both can modify events and stay up to date.
- Sharing event reports with viewing rights vs sharing an online report link? Sharing reports with viewing rights is a good idea when you need several types of information or you do not know what parts of the material your recipient finds useful. On the other hand, it is adviseable to use the online report link to communicate specific pieces of data, if different people are taking care of different things.
- An international event; both partners want to stay updated. One of the partners creates an event and shares viewing rights with the other partner. This way they both see the event information and can produce the reports they need. This is a highly recommendable way if, for example, a hotel or an entertainment producer plays a major role in organising the event.