You can set maximum capacities to an event that are based on different variables:
1. Event's maximum capacity
2. Participant type's maximum capacity
3. Group registration's maximum capacities
3.1. Limit registrations by number of groups
3.2. Limit registrations by number of participants in event
3.3. Limit registrations by number of participants per group
4. Question capacities (see instructions)
Event's maximum capacity
1. An event's maximum capacity is defined on the Settings page > The event's maximum number of participants is ____ persons. You can set this capacity only if participant types don't have set maximum capacities.
- Registration is done individually: Every registration is regarded as separate participants. The event's maximum capacity and possible question capacities are not connected in any way. This means that if you have a Quantity/product/ticket question on the registration page (for example, "Choose how many tickets you're buying") and the question's capacity is full, there may still be seats available in the event itself (event's maximum capacity), since the capacities are not connected to each other.
- Registration with companion: Both the participant and their companion are regarded as individual registrations, even though they are connected. A participant with a companion take up two of the event's maximum capacity.
- Group registration: Every registrant is a separate participant, the group's contact person is not regarded as a participant unless they answer Yes to Lyyti's standard question "Will the contact person participate".
Participant type's maximum capacity
2. Participant type's maximum capacity can be set on the Settings page > Capacity field next to the participant type. If the field is not active (ie. there's a dash "-" instead of "Undefined"), remove the event's maximum capacity or the maximum number of groups and save, after which you can set capacities to participant types.
Group registration's maximum capacities
3. In group registration you can limit registrations by number of groups, participants in event or participants per group.
3.1. Limit by number of groups for example in a cruise registration, where you have 100 cabins available. If they are cabins of 4 people, limit also the number of participants per group to 4.
3.2. Limit by number of participants in the event, ie. the event's maximum capacity. Do this when it is possible to register several participants at once, but the number of groups or group size is not limited. This could be used in concert ticket sales, where there are 100 seats and tickets can be purchased one-by-one or many at a time.
3.3 Limit by number of participants per group. Recommendable for example in team competitions, when you need to limit the number of members per team but not the number of teams.
Please note that you cannot use 3.1. and 3.2. at the same time.