To activate the waiting list feature, go to Waiting list settings.
1. Click Activate waiting list? Yes. Note that the waiting list feature is only linked to the maximum capacity or capacities added to participant types. Without maximum capacities in place, the waiting can not be activated. This also means that questions on the registration page cannot be linked to the waiting list.
The waiting list runs automatically: Whenever someone cancels or fails to complete their registration and free place becomes available, Lyyti will send an e-mail to the first in line informing them that they can now register if the still wish to do so. The e-mail also contains their personal registration link.
2. Show the participant their position in the waiting list.
3. Time limit for the first in line means how much time (hours) participants have to register before the place is offered to the next person in line.
4. You can choose which fields are mandatory. All these question fields are always shown on the waiting list page, and the e-mail address is always a mandatory field.
People coming to register to a full event will see the following message:
The event is full. Add yourself to the waiting list with your e-mail address. You will be notified by email if there is room in the event. (see sections 4 and 5)
5. The text "The event is full" is shown to anyone trying to register when the event is full. If you wish to write your own text, deselect Show default notification and write your own text in the text editor below.
Below on the right is what participants will see when they try to register for an event that is full but has an active waiting list.