Please be aware that Lyyti is developed constantly and your view might not match 100% with the view described in this article.
To activate the waiting list feature, go to Waiting list settings.
1. Click Activate waiting list. Note that the waiting list feature is only linked to the event's maximum capacity or capacities added to participant types. Without maximum capacities in place, the waiting can not be activated. This also means that questions on the registration page cannot be linked to the waiting list.
The waiting list runs automatically: Whenever someone cancels or fails to complete their registration and a free place becomes available, Lyyti will send an e-mail to the first in line informing them that they can now register if they still wish to do so. The e-mail also contains their personal registration link.
2. Show the participant their position on the waiting list.
3. Time limit for the first in line means how much time (hours) participants have to register before the place is offered to the next person in line.
4. You can choose which fields are mandatory. All these question fields are always shown on the waiting list page, and the e-mail address is always a mandatory field.
People coming to register for a full event will see the following message:
The event is full. Add yourself to the waiting list with your e-mail address. You will be notified by email if there is room in the event. (see sections 4 and 5)
5. The text "The event is full" is shown to anyone trying to register when the event is full. If you wish to write your own text, deselect Show default notification and write your own text in the text editor below. You can edit the default notification in Actions > Notifications (found on the left-hand menu).
- The waiting list is kept active as usual.
- Decrease the event (or participant type) capacity to say, 1. This means that unless everybody cancels their registration, no waiting list emails will be sent to those on the waiting list, since the event is full.
Now you can manage participants on the waiting list as you see best. If you wish to let Lyyti inform the first one(s) in line about new vacancies, simply increase the event's capacity to the actual number of participants you wish to have in the event. Lyyti will send a notification to register to as many participants as there are vacant places in the event.