This feature can be used with the following license packs: Starter, Basic, Professional, Enterprise
Due to updated data security you can't use shared Lyyti-rights in the mobile app. For this purpose, please remember to share viewing rights to your event if needed (see instructions further below in the article). We recommend to always use the newest version of our app.
After creating an event in Lyyti and having sent QR codes to participants (either in their confirmation message, name badge, ticket or mobile ticket), you can read the code later on at the event venue with Lyyti's mobile application. It is free to use and can be found by searching "Lyyti" in the App Store. You'll need an iOS 11.0 or a newer version to use the Lyyti app.
The application needs internet connection to download participant data from Lyyti into your mobile device. In addition, you need a Lyyti username (e-mail address and password) and at least viewing rights to the Lyyti event to which you are about to read QR codes.
This article contains the following sections:
- Can I read QR codes with several devices?
- The new iOS 3.0 application
Can I read QR codes with several devices?
You can read QR codes with several devices as long as the event's viewing or editing rights have been shared to another Lyyti user or e-mail address (see sharing instructions). Viewing rights are enough to allow reading QR codes, so you don't have to share modifying rights, if you don't want to. Sharing viewing rights is free of charge.
The iOS 3.0 application
The iOS 3.0 version was released at the beginning of February 2020. Go ahead and download the latest version to get all the improved features!
Open the mobile application and login with your Lyyti username (e-mail address and password). You will now see all your active events.
- Search events
- The search remembers your last searches
- Click on the event's name to open the participant list
- Events are divided in three tabs: favourites, active and past events
- Event information, and:
- Percentage of how many registrants have been checked into the event
- If a colleague has shared an event with you, there's a Shared tag after the event name
- Event/participant list
- QR code reader
- Language: You can use the application in Finnish, Swedish, English, German and French
- Help: Direct access our knowledge base help.lyyti.com, where you are now
- Log out
Showing participant details when reading QR codes
When reading QR codes, Lyyti shows you the following participant details by default:
- information about QR codes validity
- participant's name, last name and e-mail
For each event, you can select what details you want to see on check-in. Select an event from the list and go to Check-in settings.
At the end of the page, you'll see a list of participant details that are shown always when reading QR codes.
- If you also want to see participant details when checking in participants by hand (swiping participants from the participant list), select Show in manual check-in: When checking in from participant list
- Details that are currently shown upon check-in
- Select what details to be shown by tapping on Manage shown details
Read QR codes
Lyyti's QR code reader reads codes automatically from all your Lyyti events. To start reading QR codes, click the QR reader.
Next, show the code to the reader. You will get a notification:
- If the code is valid:
- The participant is automatically marked as Attending
- The participant details shown here depends on the settings selected in Check-in settings (see above)
- You'll hear two high-pitch beeps as a sign of a valid code and successful check-in
- If the code is not valid:
- You'll see a red error message
- You'll hear a descending beep as a sign of invalid code and unsuccessful check-in
Possible reasons for invalid codes:
- The code has already been used, ie. the participant's status is Attending (each code is single-use only)
- Error message: QR code is already used
- The participant's status is declined, not-reacted or no-show, so their QR code is not valid
- Error message: QR code is invalid
- The code belongs to an event you don't have rights to
- The code is not from any Lyyti event
- The code is unclear or blurry (if printed etc.)
To read the next code, tap anywhere.
Go back to the event list by closing the QR reader by tapping on the bottom navigation (Events/Profile).