Please be aware that Lyyti is developed constantly and your view might not match 100% with the view described in this article.
This feature can be used with the following license packs: Starter, Basic, Professional, Enterprise
When you need to add several participants at once to your event, use the Excel import. The import works a bit differently for events with single/companion/group registration, you can read the instructions for group registration import here.
Go to your event and on the Participants page, click:
- Add participants
- Add participants from Excel
Next, open your Excel file.
- Copy the information you wish to import.
- Paste it into Lyyti's import field. Copy only the content and leave out column titles.
- Lyyti generates a drop-down menu for each Excel column you are importing. Define what details you have in each column in the Excel
- In order to save all information correctly, these selections need to be in the same order as the data in the Excel file.
- If there are unnecessary columns you don't need, select Do not import in the corresponding drop-down.
- Participant types and answers to multiple choice (choose one) questions are case sensitive, ie. the data in Excel must be in the exact same written form as you have them in Lyyti.
- Required in import means that if it is selected, a participant will not be imported if they do not have any information in the respective column.
TIP! Use this selection to weed out insufficient or unqualified contacts. Let's say you need every person on the list to provide their e-mail address; select "Required in import" for the column that contains the e-mail address. All contacts who have failed to provide their e-mail address will be left out.
- Default participant type: If your event has participant types, you can select a participant type to apply to those participants in this import that don't have a participant type defined in one of the columns above.
- If the participant type is defined as a column, that overwrites the default participant type
- If the participant type is defined as a column, but the cell in the Excel sheet is empty, then the default participant type is applied for that participant
- Language: In a multilingual event you can set a language for these participant.
- Allow duplicate email addresses: Lyyti automatically checks for duplicate e-mail addresses (and compares the list to be imported with the addresses already in the event) so that no duplicate e-mails are imported. If, however, you wish to allow duplicate e-mails to be imported, select Allow duplicate email addresses.
- Tap I have permission to send messages to the people I am importing
- Why is this? All of the contacts you import into Lyyti must be from permission-based contact lists. It is prohibited to email purchased contacts through Lyyti. Use of purchased email lists will harm Lyyti's IP reputation and compromise all message delivery to and from all Lyyti users. Users who fail to comply with this policy will be blocked from using the Lyyti service.
Click Next to proceed with the import.
Next, check that the information is placed in the correct columns.
- If there are errors in the data you're importing, you'll get a notification. You can:
- click Back to details to edit the content OR
- click Import to import the ones that are okay and leave out the erroneous ones.
- To import the ones that are ready to be imported, click Import.