This feature can be used with the following license packs: Professional, Enterprise
This article describes what happens in Lyyti & HubSpot integration, how to implement the integration and how to define which fields in Lyyti and HubSpot will match each other.
This article contains the following sections:
Implementation of the integration
The integration will create automatically two types of contact lists:
- Global lists are created when the integration is implemented. These lists will gather up all participants from Lyyti events connected to HubSpot. There are four lists named as follows:
- Lyyti: Status No-Show
- Lyyti: Status Attending
- Lyyti: Status Declined
- Lyyti: Status Registered
- Event specific lists are always created when a Lyyti event is connected to HubSpot. These lists contain participants only from that specific event and the integration moves contacts between the lists as the participant's status changes in Lyyti. Four types of lists are created for each event and they are named as follows:
- Lyyti: [Event name] [Event date] – No-Show
- Lyyti: [Event name] [Event date] – Attending
- Lyyti: [Event name] [Event date] – Declined
- Lyyti: [Event name] [Event date]– Registered
Implementation of the integration
Once you have acquired the integration, it can only be implemented by your organisation's Lyyti admin user if they have a HubSpot username. If you don't have HubSpot settings in the left menu in Lyyti, please make sure you are a Lyyti admin user. You can acquire the integration by contacting customer support at help(a)lyyti.com
Once you, as a Lyyti admin user, have HubSpot on your Lyyti account, proceed as follows:
- Go to your organisation's menu by clicking on your organisation's name at the top right corner in Lyyti.
- In the left menu, click HubSpot settings.
- Click Activate HubSpot integration. A new window will open where you can log into Hubspot. Login with your HubSpot username.
- HubSpot will request for integration permissions. Click Grant access to activate the integration.
- In our Fields tab you define which fields in Lyyti and HubSpot match each other and what information is exported from Lyyti to HubSpot. You can map Lyyti fields (standard questions) to a Hubspot property. To do this, go to Settings -> HubSpot -> Fields. Under Standard questions you can link the HubSpot property to its field.
NB. Data will be transferred to new contacts. If you want to overwrite the data for existing contacts as well, tick the update checkbox.
In this example, the Hubspot property "City" is mapped to Lyyti's standard question "Town or city". The update checkbox is ticked which means that it will also overwrite existing contacts in Hubspot.
- In addition to the mapped properties, Lyyti will fill custom properties to Hubspot contacts, which are:
Linking a Lyyti event to HubSpot
To transfer participant data from Lyyti into HubSpot, link the Lyyti event withHubSpot at the top of the page Event information in Lyyti > HubSpot data transfer > Yes, and save. After this, all information is transferred automatically.
If your event is a copy of an old event, please change the name immediately when creating the copy.
Hubspot will recognise the event name, and by changing the name immediately and not later on, you can ensure that the event participants' info is updated to the new event and not the old one.
* For the country, on the registration page, please select from the Standard questions the question Country under Postal address.