To add questions to your questionnaire, you have a set of different question types. To add a new question, select a question type and click Add question.
Use notice texts for an opening text and headers, as well as to give some structure to the questionnaire. Notice texts aren't questions as such, so they cannot be answered to. Use notice texts to clarify questions and keep questions short.
Open question: short answer & long answer
- Open questions are answered in written form.
- There are two question types, short and long text field.
- Write the question, select whether or not the question is mandatory and save. Lyyti will automatically create the answer field beside the question.
Multiple choice: choose one or several
- Enter your question and its answer choices and define, whether respondents can choose one or many of the given choices.
- Enter answer choices on separate rows.
There are two types of menu questions.
1) Drop-down menu:
2) Selection box:
- Respondents select one of the given options
- Selection box allows you to define how many of the given options are shown at once. Drop-down menus show options after the menu is opened.
Scale of values
- Use the scale of if you have several questions that you wish to be valued e.g. from 1 to 5.
- The scale's values can be either sliding or defined values.
If you have created questions already, you can:
- Reorder questions: Click the arrows or simply drag&drop them in the correct order.
- Edit a question, click the pencil icon.
- Hide a question, click the light bulb. This is useful if someone has already answered to the question and you can't delete the question, so you can still hide it.
- Delete a question.
To add new questions:
- Enter your question. Created questions are added above.
- Choose a scale type:
- A) Defined values: fixed values, each with a written description, if desired.
- B) Sliding values: creates a sliding scale with values of you choice, e.g. from 1 to 100 or from 4 to 10. You can also enter a written description.
- Define sorting order: Ascending or descending.
- Add values to the scale of values. The column "value" is for statistical purposes, it is used for data processing in Lyyti and in other softwares, if desired. In the field "in English" (or other language), write the actual value that is shown to the respondent.
- You can also add a new value and its description. Finally, click "Add option".
Remember to save the whole question before exiting this view.
- The date question adds a calendar to the questionnaire so the respondent can select a date.
- Enter your question, for example "The seminar was held on:" and save. Lyyti will create a calendar right next to the question.