Please be aware that Lyyti is developed constantly and your view might not match 100% with the view described in this article.
This feature can be used with the following license packs: Starter, Basic, Professional, Enterprise
In this article we will guide you how you can create Name badges in Reports.
This article contains the following sections:
Creating Name badges in Reports
At the end of the message you'll find an example how you can send name badges via messaging.
These name badges are defined in Confirmation page by selecting fields for printable name tags.
Creating Name badges in Reports
Lyyti's Reports feature helps you manage all types of participant information and make different lists and reports based on participant data. With the help of reports, you can automate online reporting, printing of name badges, address labels and creation of Excel sheets. Lyyti will create a PDF-file that you can easily print.
In the event's left menu, go to Reports > Create participant report.
- At the top of the page you will see all the questions that you have on the registration page. Choose the information you want to add in your report. For printing name badges you'll only need the name and perhaps company of the participants.
- For the smaller size name badges (ie. credit card sizes), you can add a maximum of four questions from the registration page to the name badges ("firstname lastname" + 3 more).
- For the A6 size, you can add 10 fields ("firstname lastname" + 9 more)
- Who to include on the report? At the bottom of the page, Show on the report, you can choose which participants you would like to add on your report. You can select participants:
- By status OR
- All participants
- Finally, click Generate.
In the pop-up window that opens, select Create namebadges.
- Select the name badge Size. Options:
- 2x5 and 2x6 badges per sheet of different sizes
- one A6-size badge per sheet (positioned to the top left quarter of an A4 paper)
- Text alignment: Align the text to the right, left or center
- Font: Select a font for the texts.
- Dashed. Use dashed boarders if you aim to cut the badges yourself
- None. Leave out borders for example if you are using a microperforated name badge sheet.
- Add logo or image: You can add an image to the name badge.
- Upload a logo/image from your computer.
- If you wish to add several logos, make one picture with several logos. You can add JPG/PNG-files only.
- The max width of the picture depends on the name badge size.
- Smaller sizes (2 x 5 or 2 x 6 badges per sheet): Maximum width is about 250 pixels, which will cover most of the badge width
- A6-size (1 badge per sheet): Add an A4 size image, the image will cover the whole A4 (recommended size 210 x 297 mm or 2480 px x 3508 px (print resolution), 595 px x 842 screen resolution)) --> Tip! You can use the example template at the end of this article to download a background image of the correct size.
- Finally click on Create PDF.
- When you print name badges with only the names, you can use them as placement cards.
- Use name badges as good looking, visual tickets that contain the participant’s details and QR code. In these examples below, the text and QR code in the first quarter are from Lyyti, and the three other quarters are directly added in the image uploaded into Lyyti.
Name badge templates "[name], A6 quarter" presented below. The A4 file is the same image but without the badge highlight, ie. it is the simple background image if you want to use it to process the content yourself.
Please find also two "Template for editing" files with layers to use in your image editing software.
Tips: Sending name badges in messaging
You can send name badges via email using this personalisation link: https://www.lyyti.fi/ticket/%PARTICIPANT_UID%/nametags
You can create a message with a button, for example. Add the link (above) to the button:
You can edit the name badge's layout in Confirmation page:
Participant can print their name badge's. Here's an example of a name badge that has participants name and a background picture added (these can be selected on the Confirmation page):