This feature can be used with the following license packs: Basic, Professional, Enterprise
Organising online events with Lyyti and Demio is easy. You only need a few steps in both softwares.
- Create / schedule a meeting in Demio.
- Copy the Demio webinar URL.
- Create an event in Lyyti
- Paste the Demio meeting URL into Lyyti's online event location field.
Create Demio webinar
When setting up an event in Demio, to have a smooth experience for your participants, we recommend the following settings.
- Start a new meeting or Schedule an event In Demio. We recommend creating a Standard event for it's simplicity!
2. We recommend limiting the amount of registration questions to a minimum, such as name and email. This will ease the registration of your participants.
3. We also recommend you to disable the reminder emails just to make sure that all necessary emails are sent from Lyyti and the attendee won't be distracted with emails from multiple services.
4. Find the registration link and copy-paste it
Create Lyyti event
Create an event in Lyyti as you normally would (click here for detailed instructions on how to create online events). You need to consider a few things:
- On the Event information page:
- Select the event's Location type: Online or hybrid
- Add Link to online event: paste the "Share Demio Link" URL (it starts with https://my.demio/ref/....)
- Text to display = The text that is shown to the user instead of the link's URL, eg. Demio
--> Lyyti will create a personal link for each participant based on the generic Demio registration link. This way Lyyti will know when participants join the meeting.
- Registration page. Create it as for any other event, but remember to instruct users that it is an online event and how they can join. Use the Opening text for the registration page.
- Thank-you page: Add the calendar note so participants can access their Demio link from it.
- Confirmation email:
- Write instructions on how to join the online event in the confirmation's opening text.
- Add a link to the Demio event to the confirmation's Participant details section > Link to online event.
- Remind participants closer to the event
- Use Lyyti's messaging (email/SMS) to remind participants of the upcoming event and provide them with a personalised link to the online event, in case they have lost it.
From the participant's perspective, joining an online event where the registration is done in Lyyti and the actual online event organised via Demio is really simple.
- Participant registers via Lyyti's registration page.
- On the thank-you page, they can save the event in their calendar with a link to the online event.
- The calendar note contains the participant's personal link to join the online event.
- The link to join the online event opens 1 hour before the online event is scheduled to start. Until that point, the Join event link remains inactive and is automatically activated an hour before.
- Once the link is open, the Join event will redirect the participant to the online event (Demio) and they will be marked as Attending in Lyyti. From this point onwards, Lyyti is no longer responsible or aware of the actions of the participant. This means that if the participant doesn't actually join the meeting on Demio's end or if they leave before the event ends, Lyyti will not know this and it will not affect their status in Lyyti.