Setting up the integration
This integration replaces the need to move information between Lyyti and emaileri in Excel transfer and enables personal invitation links and reminders to be sent from emaileri to participants in Lyyti event. The only prerequisite is that your company is a customer of both Lyyti and emaileri.
Main use cases are:
- Exporting participant information from a Lyyti event to e.g. Group or Mailing list in emaileri.
- Using a Mailing list from emaileri as a list of invitees in a Lyyti event
- Sending personalised messaging (such as invitation or reminder) about a Lyyti event from emaileri.
If you want to take this integration into you can be in contact with either Lyyti's or emaileri's customer service and ask them to turn the integration on. At least at the moment the ingration is free.
Exporting participant information from Lyyti to emaileri
Below are detailed instructions on how to export participant information from a Lyyti event to e.g. group or mailing list in emaileri.
You have an event in Lyyti that already has participants who have registered to the event. After the event you want to export the names and emails to an emaileri Mailing list or Group.
- Click Events in emaileri.
- Look for the event from the list or search by using the name of the event. If you can't find the event click Update event information.
- From the event's drop-down menu choose Update participants. Now the participant information moves from Lyyti to emaileri. In case the selection is grey it means that the information is up to date.
- You can see all the people inside a specific target group (All, Registered, No-reply etc.) by choosing the corresponding name from the drop-down.
This will open a list where you can see all the participants that match the chosen criteria and their information. After you click The entire search result you can:
- add them to a mailing list, customer group or clipboard A/B
- send them a newsletter you have created in emaileri by choosing Active newsletters
Using emaileri mailing list as the list on invitees in Lyyti
This function enables you to maintain mailing lists in emaileri but import the customer data to Lyyti in order to send personal invitations. After importing the data from emaileri to Lyyti you can send personalised messages from either emaileri or Lyyti. So it is also possible for you to send the personal invitations from emaileri. You would do it like this:
- In Lyyti, go to Event information and select an emaileri target group. The listing shows only mailing lists - the list must also exist in emaileri with an up-to-date customer data.
- Create the event in Lyyti.
- Import your participant list from emaileri into Lyyti: In Lyyti, go to Participants > Import > Import from emaileri. On the next page, confirm the import.Emaileri will import the mailing list's customer data into Lyyti (first name, last name, e-mail, phone number - whatever information there is of each contact).
- You can now see the mailing/participant list in Lyyti. If there is already an e-mail address in Lyyti that is also on the list of contacts to be imported from emaileri, the address won't be imported in order to avoid duplicates.
You can now send personalised e-mails both from Lyyti and from emaileri. To send messages from emaileri, see below.
Personal messaging from emaileri, registrations into Lyyti
First, select an emaileri target group in Lyyti and then, import participants from emaileri into Lyyti (see above).
Kun haluat lähettää esimerkiksi henkilökohtaisen kutsun tai muistutuksen emailerista siten, että kirjeeseen tulee myös henkilökohtainen ilmoittautumislinkki, toimi näin:
- Add a newsletter. To add the registration link, write, for example:
Register by using your personal registration link (below):
And underneath, add this link: www.lyyti.fi/reg/[EVENT****]
- In emaileri, go to Events and find the event where you have the participants you wish to invite, and select Update participants.
- Next, copy the event code or Tag (see below), which is always in the form [EVENT****] – four asterisks symbolise four different numbers, and paste the code into the e-mail.
In the example below, Lyyti seminar's registration link would be www.lyyti.fi/reg/[EVENT0001].
NOTE! This link doesn't work yet, but when you send the e-mail from emaileri to a target group, emaileri will create a personal registration link to each recipient - the same way Lyyti does with e-mails sent from Lyyti.
- Send the message. In emaileri, go to Events, select an event: In the event's drop-down menu, select a target group (All, registered, etc.), select The entire search result and continue sending the message.
Please note that if you send Lyyti's open registration link to the emaileri target group, you don't have to define any emaileri target groups in Lyyti. To send an open registration link:
- Create the event in Lyyti.
- Copy the event's open registration link in Registration link
- Paste the open registration link into an emaileri newsletter.
This way registrants will end up on Lyyti's open registration page (=no pre-filled contact details, vs. personal registration link). This is important to know when sending invitations to hundreds or thousands of recipients.
Use personal invitation links if you really want to send a personal invitation to a really specific target group and be able to remind the ones that haven't replied to the invitation.
emaileri´s customer service mainly helps with questions related to their service where as Lyyti´s customer service supports you with questions about using Lyyti. Questions about the integration you can ask from either one.
Wishing for successful events and communication!
Lyyti and emaileri