What is Experience Value Score (EVS) used for?Experience Value Score, or EVS for short, helps event organisers understand better the impact of their events. The aim is to unify the measuring of event success, despite event types - what is important is if the participants felt the event was worth their time.
EVS enables comparison between events and provides event industry a standard and comparable way to measure events. A simple numeric value and open feedback from participants complement each other. Comparing the figure within the organisation and between organisations allows you to see clearly where your events are heading at! With a unified way of measuring, you will get answers that haven't been provided before.
How does EVS work?A short survey is sent to all attending and/or registered participants after the event, depending on the setting. Answers will tell how they felt their time in the event was spent. Did they feel the event was worth the time they spent or would they have rather spent their valuable time in another way. EVS shows results in an easily understood scale - the score is calculated taking into consideration the amount of high and low values. You can check the functionality in more detail here.
Is EVS enabled automatically to events?
- Events that are Event type: In-person / Hybrid / Online Yes. You can still disable it for that event on the EVS settings page.
- Events that are Event type: Other: No. With Other events, it's not possible to use EVS.
When are EVS surveys sent?
Immediately after the event ends.
Who will receive EVS surveys?
Those marked as attending and/or registered participants, depending on the user's selection. Manage this setting on the EVS settings page.
How can I send the message to new attending participants?
If the event has ended already, add new participants (or change status) as attending (or registered, depending on the EVS setting) and then go to the EVS settings page and save the setting Don't send > Save > Send > Save.
I changed the event’s ending time but the EVS survey wasn’t sent to participants. Why?
- Please check your EVS settings, who EVS is sent to (Attending or Attending/registered participants).
- Participants that have already received it once won't receive it again. Lyyti only sends the survey once to each participant ID.
- You need to disable and enable EVS on the Settings page (change setting to Don't send, save, and then to Send) so that Lyyti knows to check if there are new participants that haven’t received the survey email yet.
- How is the language of EVS survey email and survey answering page determined?
Participants will get the survey in the language they have registered or have set by the organiser in the Lyyti event. The event’s language does not affect this.
- How can I change the sender of the EVS survey?
EVS is sent in the name of the event organiser, set at the Event information page.
- Can I send the EVS survey as SMS?
Currently no, but it is something we will investigate in the future. Please send us feedback about your needs so we know it is something important to our customers.
- Why weren't my EVS emails sent to recipients?
If you're experiencing problems with EVS emails not being sent, please check the following:
- Has your event ended already? You can check this on the Event information page. EVS is sent only once the event has ended. Please note that sometimes the sending might take some minutes, depending on other email traffic going out.
- Is the sending of EVS activated? You can check this on the EVS settings page, please make sure that you have the setting "Send" activated.
- To whom are EVS emails sent? You can check this on the EVS settings page. Depending on the participant status selected as recipients, please make sure that you have participants with that status on the Participants page.
- How can I learn more about EVS?
You can take part in our training sessions, read about EVS on our blog, webpage or help article, or contact our customer service firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help you get the most out of EVS! Don't miss out on measuring the value you bring to your participants!