Your organisation's Lyyti admin user can add new domains to the list of verified domains by going to the organisations Settings at the top right corner in Lyyti.
In the organisation's section, under Settings > Sending domains, you can find your verified domains and the ones you've added (reserved) but haven't verified yet. By clicking the settings-icon you can see the verification process and what's possibly missing. If the list of domains is empty, your organisation doesn't have verified domains in Lyyti yet.
Add a new domain
Verifying a domain requires technical changes to the domain's DNS TXT record. You can do the changes yourself, or if you don't understand what this means, don't worry: you might need to ask your domain administrator or your company's IT department for help, they'll know what to do.
1. Someone else will verify the domain for me
You can create a link for the administrator, through which they can make the changes. Click Someone else will verify the domain for me and copy the link and send it to the right person (or Extend the link validity, if the verification link has expired).
Copy the verification link and send it to your IT department or your domain administrator. The link contains all necessary information for them to add and verify the domain.
You can see the verification status on the domain list:
- Status: In use: You can use the domain when sending emails from Lyyti
- Status: Incomplete: the verification settings are not complete and need to be finalised or checked. Please contact your domain administrator or company's IT department. More information is available by clicking on the info circle next to the domain.
2. Verifying the domain yourself
If you can verify the domain yourself, click Add new domain and follow given instructions. Please note that these changes to the record cannot be done from Lyyti but straight to your domain's information.
In order to verify the domain, you need to:
1. Add the SPF information to the domain's DNS-record
2. Add the DKIM information to the domain's DNS-record
3. Verify the ownership of the domain. This is where the program makes sure the domain is in your company's disposition and that you're allowed to use it.
If the verification is incomplete, you can check the details by clicking on the info button next to the domain.
The successfully completed steps are displayed green; if something is still missing, it's show as red. When everything is OK, the status of the domain will change from Incomplete to In use on the Sending domains page (see the first picture of this article).