Save files into Lyyti's file bank to use files as attachments in e-mails or the registration page or to create hyperlinks for documents. All files added to the file bank can be used in or outside of Lyyti. There are no restrictions to the file type, only to the file size (max. 10 MB).
Lyyti creates an URL for each file, and the URL address can be sent to any recipient. After sending an attachment (or its link) from Lyyti, you can easily update the file behind the link without having to send the link again to the recipients - the link remains the same.
The idea of the file bank is that you can upload a file (e.g. seminar program, bus schedules etc.) to the file bank, and you can then share the link through different channels (registration site, thank you-page, email) to your participants in different events. The file can be any format, the only restriction is the 10MB max size.
Upload a file to the file bank
Adding a file to the file bank is easy, just follow the following steps:
- In the left hand menu, click on File bank: Add file.
- Name the file. We recommend naming it with the name of the event, together with a short description. This way you can easily identify the file. For example you can name the file SpringSeminar_program or Clientmeetup_bus_schedules_9 or something of the sorts.
- Click on Browse, select your file.
You can find all your files under the tab File bank in the menu.
Problems in adding a file?
First off, check that your file isn't too large. One file can be max 10MB in size, and it is not possible to upload files larger than that. If the file size is smaller than 10MB, it is possible that the space in your company's file bank has run out. Even though the file banks are personal, they take up space from the company's file bank size. It is a good idea to occasionally see through the files and remove old files from taking up space. You can only remove your own files, so tell your colleagues to do this as well :)
On the file bank page, you can see the status of the space in your company's file bank: Organisation's file storage: In use xx MB, Free xx MB.
File bank functions
On the page File bank you can see the following information:
- File address / URL by clicking the Show link to file icon. The address is already highlighted so you only need to copy and paste it to where it is needed.
- Click Open file to view the file.
- You can update the file by editing it.
- If you no longer need a file, you can also delete it.
- At the bottom of the page you can also see the capacity of your company's file bank and buy more space, if necessary.
Tip: If you notice that the file you added has a mistake or you need to update it, you can edit the file, i.e upload a new file under the same file name. The file will automatically update and whenever someone clicks on the file link, they will be able to download the new, updated file. The link will not change.
You can use the file bank links in your personal, non-Lyyti related email programs as well.
How can I add space to the file bank?
If you need more space, you can:
- Delete old or unnecessary files from your own file bank and ask your colleagues to do the same.
- Buy more space (see image above). The price is 50 MB (25 €/month+VAT) or 100 MB (50 €/month+VAT), which will be added to your monthly license fee.