To create a new layout, you need at least one .jpg or .png image that has been made into a banner. The banner needs to be created outside of Lyyti and, when ready, uploaded into Lyyti.
To add a new layout:
- Create (at least) a top banner outside of Lyyti (e.g. with Photoshop, PowerPoint or Paint) and save it to your computer (for example a white rectangle with a logo).
- File type: JPG / JPEG / PNG / GIF.
- Image width: 800 pixels.
- Image height: 200-300 pixels (recommended). Bottom banner usually lower than top banner. There is no technical limitation to the height, but to keep the registration page / e-mail clear and simple, avoid banners much higher than 300 px.
- Modify the image into a correct size (if it is not already).
- In Lyyti, go to My layouts > Add layout.
- Go to Registration page > Select the new layout for your event.
1) Create banner
- Save all necessary logos in your computer.
- Open PowerPoint and open an empty slide (remove text frames etc.).
- Draw a rectangle with the image tool, make it approximately the size and shape of the desired banner.
- Add images/logos. You can edit images in PowerPoint after adding them.
- Arrange images inside the banner as desired. If you want to move an image only slightly to a certain direction, press Ctrl (keep it pressed) and use arrow keys to move the image.
A blue rectangle with two images positioned inside
- Remove border lines and blue filling from the image: Right-click on the image and select Edit (or select click on the tab Format in PowerPoint). Now you have a white rectangle with logos in the right places.
- Group elements into one picture. Select all parts of the banner (rectangle & logos) with Ctrl + A. Right-click on the mouse and select Group.
Elements separately and after grouping
- Right-click on the grouped image and select Save as image. Save image as .jpg or .png format.
2) Edit banner size
- Open an image editing software, for example Microsoft Office Picture Manager or on Mac, Preview. You can also edit image sizes with Paint (on Windows).
- Edit image size. Lock aspect to ensure image width and height to change in the same ratio. In Picture Manager, edit image width and height. If you use Mac > open Preview > Tools > Adjust Size > Fit into: Custom.
- Define image size according to the banner width. The recommended width is 800 pixels.
Your banner is now ready to be uploaded into Lyyti.
3) Add layout into Lyyti
- Select layout type. Select always both registration page layout and e-mail layout to make sure that you may use the same layout throughout the whole event.
- Give a title to the layout. Choose a name that describes best the contents of the layout, so you'll know later on where to use this layout, for example "Christmas party; Official layout".
- Select a design to be used with the layout. The design affects the registration page's fonts, buttons, colors, etc. If your organisation has a design of their own, it is recommendable to use that. If you don't have a design, use the Lyyti design. The design affects only the registration page layout, not the e-mail layout.
- Upload the banner(s) from your computer.
4) Select layout for your event
After you have created a layout or you'd simply like to change the layout in use on the registration page, go to Registration page > Registration page layout. Select the desired layout and Save and close.