In event communication, the main focus should be on what the eye sees. An event that is visually well planned:
- creates positive expectations
- adds to the event's value from the participant's point of view.
Please remember that visuality also means readability and efficiency, so make sure that the abundance of visual elements doesn't distract or disturb the participant's registration process.
Visuality in Lyyti
In Lyyti, you have a few possibilities to modify event visuality: design, layout, additional images and text formatting.
Visual elements on the registration page:
- Design: Defines the general visual side of the registration process (navigation bar, registration form's background colour and image, colour of the form itself, headings, fonts, buttons..)
- Layout: consists of a top and bottom banner
- Images and other possible elements and text on the form
Layouts consist of a top and bottom banner. You can create layouts for both the registration page and e-mails. Use the layout's images to communicate the event's target, atmosphere or contents, or to make your brand known.
Layouts are not made in Lyyti, but users upload ready-made images (banners). Create banners with e.g. Power Point or Paint, if you are not familiar with other graphics programs. Once you have all the images in correct sizes (recommended with 800 pixels), upload the image into Lyyti (click here to see how to add layouts into Lyyti).
Your events are not supposed to look like ours, but that that they are your company's events. Visuality is a big part of building your brand and trust.
You can get a tailored design into Lyyti. This means that all elements on the registration page will follow your website's or brand design. With the design you can define: fonts and colours, headings, button colours and shading, and background image of the registration page. Designs also work on mobile devices.
Designs are a tailored according to our customers' needs, but you can also order a separate designer license to create designs with CSS (a style sheet language) yourself. Please contact Lyyti's customer service for more details.
Even the greatest event is visually bland if texts are not written and modified clearly. Since the registration page's main objective is to cause action, i.e. make the registrant register to the event, it is very important to make texts easy to read. The easiest way to do this is to use Lyyti's automatic styles. The most commonly used are Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3 and Normal.
In addition to styles, you can add colours: For all headings, select a colour that you have on the registration page's buttons or on the layout's logo. In addition to editing text, you can also add images to the registration page (e.g. add guest speakers' images on the registration page). To do this, upload images into Lyyti's file bank and import images via the Image button. For more instructions on adding images, click here.
- Headings: Heading 2 is an excellent choice for the main title.
- Font: Make sure the font is readable and clear.
- Font size: Emphasize important parts or the registration page's opening text and select size 14, for example.
- Text colour: Select a colour that matches the event's layout. Make sure it doesn't compromise readability.
- Add image: In addition to layouts, you can add other images to the registration page or thank-you page.
Remember to make use of other styling options: bold, italics, lists and justifying text.