***Artikkeli toisaiseksi englanniksi, suomenkielinen ohje pian.***
In group registration, there are two types of import:
- Import contact persons with all their details
- Import participants with all their details + the contact person's email address
Go to your event and on the Participants page, click:
- Add participants
- Add contact persons from Excel OR
- Add participants from Excel
Next, open your Excel file.
- Copy the information you wish to import
- Paste it into Lyyti's import field. Copy only the content and leave out column titles.
- Lyyti generates a drop-down menu for each Excel column you are importing. Define what details you have in each column in the Excel.
- In order to save all information correctly, these selections need to be in the same order as the data in the Excel file.
- Note! One of the columns must be the contact person's email. Participants are connected to their contact person/group based on this information.
- If the contact person's email has not been imported into the event yet, a new contact person (ie. group) will be created, and participants will be added to that group
- If the contact person's email already exists in the event, participants will be added to that contact person's group based on the contact person's email
- If there are several contact persons in the event with the same email, Lyyti will ask you to assign participants to the correct contact person in the next phase of the import.
- If there are unnecessary columns you wish to leave out, select Do not import in the corresponding drop-down.
- Participant types and answers to multiple choice (choose one) questions are case sensitive, ie. the data in Excel must be in the exact same written form as you have them in Lyyti.
- Required in import means that if it is selected, a participant will not be imported if they do not have any information in the respective column.
TIP! Use this selection to weed out insufficient or unqualified contacts. Let's say you need every person on the list to provide their e-mail address; select "Required in import" for the column that contains the e-mail address. All contacts who have failed to provide their e-mail address will be left out.
- Default participant type: If, in the above columns, you are not importing a participant type to some or any of the participants, you need to select a default participant type to apply to those participants.
- If the participant type is defined as a column, it overwrites the default participant type
- If the participant type is defined as a column, but the cell in the Excel sheet is empty, then the default participant type is applied for that participant
- Language: In a multilingual event you can set a language for these participants
- Allow duplicate email addresses: Lyyti automatically checks for duplicate e-mail addresses (and compares the list to be imported with the addresses already in the event) so that no duplicate e-mails are imported. If, however, you wish to allow duplicate e-mails to be imported, select Allow duplicate email addresses.
- Tap I have permission to send messages to the people I am importing
- Why is this? All of the contacts you import into Lyyti must be from permission-based contact lists. It is prohibited to email purchased contacts through Lyyti. Use of purchased email lists will harm Lyyti's IP reputation and compromise all message delivery to and from all Lyyti users. Users who fail to comply with this policy will be blocked from using the Lyyti service.
- Click Next to proceed with the import
Next, check that the information is placed in the correct columns.
- If there are errors in the data you're importing, you'll get a notification. You can:
- click Back to details to edit the content OR
- click Import to import the ones that are okay and leave out the erroneous ones.
- Note! When importing participants, if there are several contact persons in the event with the same email, Lyyti will ask you to assign participants to the correct contact person. Once the selection is made, click import and they will also be imported in addition to the ones that were already ready to be imported.
- To import the ones that are ready to be imported (and if you made any corrections to group contact persons above), click Import.
If you need to mark all participant types as not public, but wish to give access to a contact person to two or more participant types, simply import one participant for each participant type.
Ava Ince from Test Company needs regular Participant tickets and VIP tickets, but you don't know how many. Use the participant import and import two rows with the following details:
This gives Ava access to both participant types, and she can select, how many tickets she wishes to have to each participant type.