This feature can be used with the following license packs: Starter, Basic, Professional, Enterprise
Organising online events with Lyyti and Zoom is easy. You only need a few steps in both softwares.
- Create / schedule a meeting in Zoom.
- Copy the Zoom meeting's URL.
- Create an event in Lyyti
- Paste the Zoom meeting URL into Lyyti's online event location field.
Please continue reading and fine more detailed instructions and tips below.
Create Zoom meeting
When setting up an event in Zoom, to have a smooth experience for your participants, we recommend the following settings.
- Start a new meeting or Schedule an event In Zoom.
- In Advanced settings:
- Unselect Enable waiting room, so participants can enter the meeting directly without having to wait for the organiser to let them in.
- Enable join before host if you feel it is okay for participants to enter and maybe mingle even if you as the host are not present yet
- Mute participants upon entry to prevent any unnecessary background noise in case someone is a bit late and joins once the event has already started
- Click Schedule.
- Go to Meetings tab
- Click Show meeting information
- Copy the url below Join Zoom meeting, you will need to add it to Lyyti a bit later.
Create Lyyti event
Create an event in Lyyti as you normally would (click here for detailed instructions on how to create online events). You need to consider a few things:
- On the Event information page:
- Select the event's Location type: Online or hybrid
- Add Link to online event: paste the "Join Zoom meeting" URL (it starts with https://us04web.zoom.us/.......)
- Text to display = The text that is shown to the user instead of the link's URL, eg. Zoom
--> Lyyti will create a personal link for each participant based on the generic Zoom link. This way Lyyti will know when participants join the meeting.
- Registration page. Create it as for any other event, but remember to instruct users that it is an online event and how they can join. Use the Opening text for the registration page.
- Thank-you page: Add the calendar note so participants can access their Zoom link from it.
- Confirmation email:
- Write instructions on how to join the online event in the confirmation's opening text.
- Add a link to the Zoom event to the confirmation's Participant details section > Link to online event.
- Remind participants closer to the event
- Use Lyyti's messaging (email/SMS) to remind participants of the upcoming event and provide them with a personalised link to the online event, in case they have lost it.
From the participant's perspective, joining an online event where the registration is done in Lyyti and the actual online event organised via Zoom is really simple.
- Participant registers via Lyyti's registration page.
- On the thank-you page, they can save the event in their calendar with a link to the online event.
- The calendar note contains the participant's personal link to join the online event.
- The link to join the online event opens 1 hour before the online event is scheduled to start. Until that point, the Join event link remains inactive and is automatically activated an hour before.
- Once the link is open, the Join event will redirect the participant to the online event (Zoom) and they will be marked as Attending in Lyyti. From this point onwards, Lyyti is no longer responsible or aware of the actions of the participant. This means that if the participant doesn't actually join the meeting on Zoom's end or if they leave before the event ends, Lyyti will not know this and it will not affect their status in Lyyti.