Experience Value Score, or EVS for short, helps event organisers understand better the impact of their events. The aim is to unify the measuring of event success, despite event types - what is important is if the participants felt the event was worth their time.
EVS enables comparison between events and provides event industry a standard and comparable way to measure events. A simple numeric value and open feedback from participants complement each other. Comparing the figure within the organisation and between organisations allows you to see clearly where your events are heading at! With a unified way of measuring, you will get answers that haven't been provided before.
A short survey is sent to all attending participants. Answers will tell how they felt their time in the event was spent. Did they feel the event was worth the time they spent or would they have rather spent their valuable time in another way. EVS shows results in an easily understood scale - the score is calculated taking into consideration the amount of high and low values.
EVS in practice
- You find EVS field on the menu on your left.
- In Dashboard you will find feedbacks and answers in numeric score
- Survey preview lets you preview the way your EVS survey looks and feels.
- Manage your EVS preferences in the Settings:
By clicking "Send", EVS feedback survey will be sent to participants when the event ends. You can define if the survey is sent to both registered and attending participants, or just those who have been marked as attending.
- After the event has ended, Lyyti will send a message to all participants who are either registered and attending or just attending, regarding on the choice you've made in the EVS settings (see #1 of this article). In the survey the participants can answer if they thought their time was well spent in the event.
Participant answers with a smiley (on a scale from 1 to 5, strongly disagree - strongly agree). They can also send feedback in an open text field.
- In EVS field's Dashboard you'll find all the feedbacks and answers in numeric scores.
Scores / smileys are:
- 5 high score
- 3-4 neutral scores
- 1-2 low scores
How EVS is calculated?
Percentual part of the low scores are taken from percentual part of the high scores. This is then divided by two and rounded off towards the lower number.
(%high - % low + 100) / 2 = EVS
N.B. EVS scale is always positive, so if you have e.g. 1 low score (33%) and 2 neutral scores (66%) and 0 high scores, the EVS is 33:
(0-33)+100 = 67
67/2=33,5 which is rounded down to 33 (EVS).