Note! Are you trying to use the old version of Lyyti's iOS mobile app? The old version has stopped working on Feb 14th, 2018, so please update your application to the new one as soon as possible.
After creating an event in Lyyti and having sent QR codes to participants (either in their confirmation message, name badge, ticket or mobile ticket), you can read the code later on at the event venue with Lyyti's mobile application. It is free to use and can be found by searching "Lyyti" in the App Store.
The application needs internet connection to download participant data from Lyyti into your mobile device. In addition, you need a Lyyti username (e-mail address and password) and at least viewing rights to the Lyyti event to which you are about to read QR codes.
This article contains the following sections:
- Can I read QR codes with several devices?
- Basic functions
- Read QR codes
- Event list and search events
- Participant list and search participants
- View participant information
- Change participant status manually
- Send SMS from moblile application
Can I read QR codes with several devices?
You can read QR codes with several devices as long as the event's viewing or editing rights have been shared to another Lyyti user or e-mail address (see sharing instructions). Viewing rights are enough to allow reading QR codes, so you don't have to share modifying rights, if you don't want to. Sharing viewing rights is free of charge.
Open the mobile application and login with your Lyyti username (e-mail address and password). You will now see all your active events; past events are in a separate tab. If the event has been shared with you, the shared event is marked with the tag "Shared". At the bottom, you'll find the main navigation bar.
- Search events
- Go/return to event list (or participant list, depending on where you were last)
- Open QR code reader.
- Additional information on check-in: When reading QR codes, Lyyti will show the event's name and participant's name, e-mail and additional information, if given.
- Participant status settings: Select statuses that participants must have in order to be shown on the event's participant list. As a default, all statuses are shown.
Language: You can use the application in Finnish, Swedish, English, German and French.
- Restore default settings.
Read QR codes
Lyyti's QR code reader reads codes automatically from all your Lyyti events. To start reading QR codes, click the QR reader.
Next, show the code to the reader. You will get a notification:
- If the code is valid: You'll see the event code and participant's name in green. The participant is automatically marked as attending.
- If the code is not valid: You see a red error message. Possible reasons for invalid codes:
- The code has already been used (each code is single-use only).
- The code belongs to an event you don't have rights to.
- The code is not from any Lyyti event.
- The code is unclear or blurry (if printed etc.)
Go back to the event list by closing the QR reader from the top left corner.
Event list and search events
Search events by scrolling or using the search feature at the bottom of the application. The application also remembers your last searches. Finally, click on the event name to view participant list.
Participant list and search participants
At the top of the participant list, you can the number of participants with each status (registered, declined, not reacted, attending, no show). By default, you can see participants of all statuses. You can deselect statuses by clicking them, thus only showing participants with remaining statuses.
In the image below, the user has selected to show only registered and attending participants, and deselected all other statuses.
Participant search works only within the event. At the top of the page, there is a search field. You can search by first name, last name or e-mail address.
View participant information
To view participant's information, click on their name on the participant list. Lyyti will show you all the event's questions and event organiser's notes.
- Participant's basic information: name, participant id in Lyyti, e-mail and phone.
- Event name.
- Participant's answers to questions.
Change participant status manually
- Search a participant
- Mark them as attending by swiping from left to right.
- Select another status by swiping from right to left.
- Undo changes by clicking the undo button right after making the change.
Send SMS from mobile application
Send SMS messages to the participants in your event straight from Lyyti's mobile application!
Select the event where you have your recipients/participants. Click on SMS/number of messages to access the SMS section.
Create new SMS or select a previously created Draft. (At this moment, previously sent messages cannot be resent).
- Add sender information (name or number)
- Select recipient(s):
- Filter by status
- Select individual recipients from the list by writing their name.
- Write message.
- If necessary, send a test message: In the top right corner, click on the three dots and select Test sending.
- Select a test participant whose information will be on the message.
- Add the recipient's phone number.
- Click Send test message at the bottom of the page.
- Note! Sending test messages cost the same as normal SMS messages.
- Send the message to the actual recipients by clicking Send at the top right corner > confirm sending by clicking the blue Send button. The message is sent immediately.
SMS messages cannot be scheduled via the mobile app - all SMS sent from the mobile app are sent immediately.