After creating an event in Lyyti and having sent QR codes to participants (either in their confirmation message, name badge, ticket or mobile ticket), you can read the code later on at the event venue with Lyyti's mobile application. It is free to use and can be found by searching "Lyyti" in Google Play store.
The application needs internet connection to download participant data from Lyyti into your mobile device. In addition, you need a Lyyti username (e-mail address and password) and at least viewing rights to the Lyyti event to which you are about to read QR codes.
This article contains the following sections:
- Can I read QR codes with several devices?
- Basic functions
- Showing participant details when reading QR codes
- Read QR codes
- Participant list and participant search
- View participant information
- Change participant status manually
- Send SMS from mobile application
Can I read QR codes with several devices?
You can read QR codes with several devices as long as the event's viewing or editing rights have been shared to another Lyyti user or e-mail address (see sharing instructions). Viewing rights are enough to allow reading QR codes, so you don't have to share modifying rights, if you don't want to. Sharing viewing rights is free of charge.
Open the mobile application and login with your Lyyti username (e-mail address and password). You will now see all your active events.
- Search events
- The search remembers your last searches.
- Click on the event's name to open the participant list.
- Events are divided in three tabs: favourites, active and past events
- If a colleague has shared an event with you, there's a Shared tag after the event name.
- Event/participant list.
- QR code reader.
- Language: You can use the application in Finnish, Swedish, English, German and French.
- Restore default settings (restores participant status selections and clears search history).
Showing participant details when reading QR codes
When reading QR codes, Lyyti shows you the following participant details by default:
- information about QR codes validity
- participant's name, last name and e-mail
For each event, you can select what details you want to see on check-in. Select an event from the list and go to Check-in settings.
At the end of the page, you'll see a list of participant details that are shown always when reading QR codes.
- If you also want to see participant details when checking in participants by hand (swiping participants from the participant list), select Show participant details: Show when check-in is done manually.
- Choose more details to be shown by tapping on Add details.
- Choose the questions/details you wish to add and then tap Add details at the end of the list.
- To hide details, tap on the details and select Hide details.
Read QR codes
Lyyti's QR code reader reads codes automatically from all your Lyyti events. To start reading QR codes, click the QR code reader.
Next, show the code to the reader. You will get a notification:
- If the code is valid:
- You'll see the a green arrow as a sign that the code is valid and the participant is now marked as Attending. The participant details shown here depends on the settings selected in Check-in settings (see above).
- You'll hear two high-pitch beeps as a sign of a valid code and successful check-in.
- If the code is not valid:
- You'll see a red error message.
- You'll hear a descending beep as a sign of invalid code and unsuccessful check-in.
Possible reasons for invalid codes:
- The code has already been used (each code is single-use only).
- The code belongs to an event you don't have rights to.
- The code is not from any Lyyti event.
- The code is unclear or blurry (if printed etc.)
Go back to the event list by closing the QR reader from the top left corner.
Participant list and participant search
Participant search works only within the event. At the top of the page, there is a search field where you can search by first name, last name or e-mail address.
Below the search field you can see the number of participants with each status (registered, declined, not reacted, attending, no show). By default, you can see participants of all statuses. You can deselect statuses by clicking them, thus only showing participants with remaining statuses.
In the image below, the user has selected to show only registered and attending participants, and deselected all other statuses.
View participant information
To view participant's information, click on their name on the participant list. You'll see the following details:
- Participant's basic information: name and contact info.
- Event name.
- Participant's answers to questions and event organiser's notes.
Change participant status manually
- Search for a participant
- Marke them as attending by swiping from left to right.
- Select another status by swiping from right to left.
Undo changes by clicking the undo button right after making the change.
Send SMS from mobile application
Send SMS messages to the participants in your event straight from Lyyti's mobile application!
Select the event where you have your recipients/participants. Click on SMS/number of messages to access the SMS section.
Create new SMS or select a previously created Draft. (At this moment, previously sent messages cannot be resent).
- Add sender information (name or number)
- Select recipient(s):
- Filter by status
- Select individual recipients from the list by writing their name.
- Write message.
- If necessary, send a test message: In the top right corner, click on the three dots and select Test sending.
- Select a test participant whose information will be on the message.
- Add the recipient's phone number.
- Click Send test message at the bottom of the page.
- Note! Sending test messages cost the same as normal SMS messages.
- Send the message to the actual recipients by clicking Send at the top right corner > confirm sending by clicking the blue Send button. The message is sent immediately.
SMS messages cannot be scheduled via the mobile app - all SMS sent from the mobile app are sent immediately.